At the Clevens Center For Facial Cosmetic Surgery we have a few alternatives to suggest to you if you are considering the Obagi Blue Peel. The Blue Peel is known as a type of medium chemical peel. Chemicals, like TCA, used are those stronger than those used for micro peels. Due to this, they may be more effective in improving skin texture, vitality, and freshness. However, they do have a downside because they impose a recovery period that may require you to take a few days off from work and other social activities.
The reality is that blue peels will turn skin blue for a few days. Flaking and peeling begin 4-5 days after your peel and finish within 7-9 days. You may engage in your normal activities immediately following your peel, but, if you have an important event planned, you will not want to have a peel within 2-3 weeks of that event. Of course, it’s better to find a peel that will revitalize your skin without leaving you looking like you have been dipped in blue dye.
Instead of taking chances with the Blue Peel consider a few others that will provide the same great results and not color you like an Easter egg. Our office offers the Vi Peel which is used to:
- Improve the tone, texture, and clarity of the skin
- Reduce or eliminate age spots, freckles, and hyper-pigmentation
- Soften lines and wrinkles
- Clear acne skin conditions
- Reduce or eliminate scars
- Stimulate the production of collagen, for firmer, more youthful skin
Another option is the Apeele which is different from the Vi Peel because:
- It’s indicated for all skin types with photo-damage, hyperpigmentation and acne
- It’s ideal for skin rejuvenation of face, neck and hands
- It has a balanced combination of ingredients provide a uniform, consistent and predictable peel
- The peel allows depth control and customization for each individual patient
If you are considering a chemical peel, call our office at 321.727.3223 to schedule an appointment. We would love to meet with you and discuss the best treatment options available to you.
Melbourne Florida Facial Plastic Surgeon