At Clevens Face & Body Specialists, our Brevard doctors value education, academic achievement, and hard work. One of the many ways we give back to our community is through the Clevens Face & Body Specialists Scholarship to recognize a student’s dedication to excellence in pursuit of his or her academic goals. We understand college can be a significant expense for students and their families. In an effort to celebrate the accomplishments of local college-bound teens and ease the burden for students and their families, we are pleased to offer two $1,000 scholarships to individuals who are planning to attend college in the near future. The scholarships will be awarded on May 15 and November 15 each year.
This twice-yearly scholarship is available to any high school junior or senior currently attending any public or private high school located in Brevard County, Florida. We take pride in helping to facilitate the education of our future generations. Regardless of your planned course of study or proposed career path, we encourage you to participate in our scholarship program.
In order to apply, applicants must submit a 500 – 750 word essay on the following topic:
Years ago, the plastic surgery industry was stigmatized as being the province for wealthy or vanity-driven individuals. Time and experience have shown that plastic surgery, both cosmetic and reconstructive, is life-changing to individuals.
Option #1 – Explain how the services we offer in plastic surgery have a positive impact on our patients’ lives,
Option #2 – Explain why plastic surgery has become more acceptable in today’s society.
- Essays must include full name, grade level, intended major, school currently attending, email address, mailing address and phone number along with parent or legal guardian’s full name, email address and phone number.
- Applicants should include a link to their Facebook profile so we may confirm identity and if selected as a finalist, link to the profile.
- The applicant should state where they are currently accepted or planning to attend school in the body of their submission email.
- Essays should be submitted to email@example.com in plain text, Microsoft Word or PDF format or via the online form at drclevens.com/scholarship.
- Essays should be submitted no later than April 1 for the May 15 decision and October 1 for the November 15 decision each year.
- If selected as a finalist, graduating seniors must provide proof of a minimum 3.0 GPA in high school, as well as an acceptance letter or other proof of acceptance to a qualifying school. Rising seniors will likewise need to submit their most recent transcript showing a minimum 3.0 GPA.
- No additional information should be included.
- To apply for the scholarship, the applicant must be a current resident of Brevard County, attending a Brevard County high school as a current junior or senior.
- The scholarship will be paid directly to the winner’s qualifying school.
- The applicant must have a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of at least 3.0 on a 4-point scale and plan on attending on a full-time basis an accredited two-year or four-year college or university in the United States no later than the Fall semester after they graduate high school.
- Applicant must use the scholarship toward an undergraduate program.
- If the applicant or the applicant’s parent, legal guardian, or other family member is employed by Clevens Face & Body Specialists (CFBS), at the time of award or a past employee, the student is not eligible for the scholarship. Eligibility of finalists will be verified before winners are selected.
- It is the recipient’s responsibility to verify receipt of funds with their designated institution and notify CFBS with any issues that may arise.
- CFBS reserves the right to alter or discontinue this program at any time without notice.
- Applicants are judged on the quality and thoughtfulness of their entries.
- The winner will be announced on or before May 15 and November 15 annually.
- The institution must be accredited and listed on the official website of the U.S. Department of Education. All school transfers are subject to accreditation approval.
- Digital Rights Agreement– By submitting an entry to this competition, the applicant agrees that all essay submissions will become the sole property of CFBS and may be used by CFBS in any way that CFBS may deem appropriate in its sole discretion, including but not limited to its use in marketing materials, reposted or displayed online in whole or partial form without notification.
I’m A Finalist – The Next Step…
Now it’s your turn to share your hard work! We will choose five finalists. The essays will be posted on our web site, www.drclevens.com and links will be posted on various social media sites. The finalists will be responsible for promoting their entries within their social media networks – get your friends, family, and followers to like or share your essay for the best chance to win! The winner will be determined by the social media “buzz” your essay generates. The five finalists will be narrowed down to two through social media voting. The two essays with the most likes, comments and shares on Facebook will move forward to the final round. Out of the two essay finalists, the student who submits the essay our physicians and staff believe is the strongest will be awarded the scholarship. All decisions by Clevens Face & Body Specialists are final.
Thank you for your interest in our scholarship program. To apply for the scholarship, please complete the following form.