Trust and confidence form the foundation of the patient-physician relationship.
Trained at Yale University, Harvard Medical School, and the University of Michigan, Ross A. Clevens, MD, FACS, is an award-winning, double board-certified facial plastic surgeon with more than 25 years of experience. He is recognized by both former patients and colleagues for his meticulous attention to detail, his innovative contributions to his field, and his artistry with facial plastic surgery. Based in Brevard County, Florida, Dr. Clevens is a specialist and has performed more than 20,000 surgeries in his specialty area.
About the ABFPRS
Certification by the American Board of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery (ABFPRS) means that Dr. Clevens specializes in plastic surgery of the face, neck, eyes, and nose, and has met the rigorous standards of the ABFPRS. It also means your surgeon:
- Completed an approved residency after medical school in one of two surgical specialties focusing on facial plastic surgery (otolaryngology-head and neck surgery or plastic surgery)
Earned prior certification in one of those specialties through the American Board of Medical
- Specialties or the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons in Canada
- Completed a rigorous two-day examination
- Submitted for peer review an acceptable record of at least two years of clinical experience, including operative reports of a minimum of 100 facial plastic surgeries
- Holds proper licensure and subscribes to the ABFPRS Code of Ethics
- Advanced Fellowship and Residency: Facial plastic surgery and reconstructive surgery at the University of Michigan Medical School, where he also served as Chief Resident and a member of the Facial Plastic Surgery faculty
- Internship: Harvard Medical School
- Medical: Doctor of Medicine and Master of Public Health, Harvard Medical School, magna cum laude
- Undergraduate: Bachelor of Science, Biology, Psychology, Psychobiology, Yale University, summa cum laude
- American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- American Board of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- American Society for Laser Medicine and Surgery
- American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery
- International Society of Cosmetic Laser Surgeons
- Florida Society of Facial Plastic Surgery
- Florida Society of Dermatologic Surgeons
- National Board of Medical Examiners
- American College of Surgeons
- Brevard County Medical Society
Selection of Recent Talks & Lectures
- “Transconjunctival lower eyelid blepharoplasty with laser,” The European Academy of Facial Plastic Surgery, Amsterdam
- “The Direct Neck Lift,” Vegas Cosmetic Surgery, Las Vegas
- “Achieving an Elegant Columellar Labial Angle: Plumping Grafts and Columellar Strut,” American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Orlando
- “Perioral Rejuvenation,” European Academy of Facial Plastic Surgery, Regensburg, Germany
- “Hairline Lowering and Forehead Reduction,” Biennial Caribbean Facial Plastic Surgery, Grand Cayman
- Panel, “Rhinoplasty Around the World,” International Federation of Plastic Surgery Societies, Rio De Janeiro, Brazil
A noted educator, author, lecturer, and innovator in the field of facial plastic surgery, Dr. Clevens previously served on the committee that writes and administers the facial plastic surgery board examination. He also has served as President of the Florida Society of Facial Plastic Surgery.
Dr. Clevens recognizes the social value of facial plastic surgery. As such, he actively participates in the American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Domestic Violence Project, offering pro bono reconstructive surgery to survivors of domestic violence who have suffered facial trauma. Dr. Clevens and his family also founded Face of Change, a 501c3 charitable entity that brings medical care and delivers food to needy children in developing nations and locally in Florida.